June 28, 2008

DAY 1 – For Faith



"It is necessary that you always trust in God's help
and come to know by experience that you are never to be without it."

(St. Anthony Mary Zaccaria, Constitutions XVII)


A reading from the Letter of St. Paul to the Galatians s (Gal:15-21)

We, who are Jews by nature and not sinners from among the Gentiles, (yet) who know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified. But if, in seeking to be justified in Christ, we ourselves are found to be sinners, is Christ then a minister of sin? Of course not! But if I am building up again those things that I tore down, then I show myself to be a transgressor. For through the law I died to the law, that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ; yet I live, no longer I, but Christ lives in me; insofar as I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who has loved me and given himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God; for if justification comes through the law, then Christ died for nothing.

A reading from the letter of St. Anthony Zaccaria to the Father Bartolomeo Ferrari

Thus as a result of both your faith and theirs God will provide for any person under your care. You can be sure that, before you speak and in the very moment of speaking, Jesus Crucified will anticipate and accompany, not only every word of yours, but your every holy intention. St. Paul said that he would push forward but stay within the limits of the work that Christ had set for him. As for you, Jesus Crucified has also set a limit when he promised that you would get enough strength to pierce to their marrow the hearts of people. Don't you see that He Himself has opened the doors for you with His own hands? Who, then, will hinder you from entering those hearts and from changing them so completely as to renew them and beautify them with holy virtues? Nobody, of course-neither the devil nor any other creature.

Invocations
St. Anthony, precursor of catholic reform… Pray for us.
St. Anthony, faithful administrator of the divine mysteries…Pray for us.
St. Anthony, good minister, you who have remained faithful till death…Pray for us.

Prayer
Christ, our Savior, you endowed St. Anthony Mary with the light and flame of a solid faith. Increase our faith, so that we may learn to love the true and living God. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Our Father…Hail Mary…Glory be to the Father …

Prayer to St. Anthony Mary Zaccaria
Saint Anthony Zaccaria ,helper of the poor and the sick, you who devoted your life to our spiritual welfare, listen to my humble and hopeful prayer. Continue your work as doctor and priest by obtaining from GOD healing from my physical and moral sickness, so that free from all evil and sin, I may love the LORD with joy, fulfill with fidelity my duties, work generously for the good of my brothers and sisters, and for my sanctification. AMEN

1 comment:

Fr. Peter said...

Great job. With all that is going on in the world we need prayer and healing! St. Anthony Doctor of body and soul Pray for Us!