April 20, 2009

Listening to our Readers..




Hi Fr. Robert,

Greetings in the Lord! Thank you for sharing Sr. Rorivic Ma Israel's reflections on the calendar. She is indeed a real treasure.

While navigating around the blog, I chose theme #3 to read. I was inspired by the choices that St. Anthony Mary Zaccaria made as a youth and how these choices affected his life. These thoughts were particular meaningful to me as I struggle to raise holy children.

The quote at the top of the page "Enter his world and you will be forever changed" made me laugh out loud! WOW! This is so true for the Gambino family. I feel like St. Anthony is a part of our family and, in fact, it's hard to imagine life without him now. Actually, I think the saying could be modified by changing the wording a little...."Enter the world of the Barnabites, (whose founder was Saint Anthony Zaccaria) and you will be forever changed". I am certain that this is what happened to us. Sometimes, it feels like we've been swept up into a spiritual cyclone! The profound and concrete changes that have taken place within each of us are truly remarkable. One really needs an abundance of stamina to keep up! Thanks be to God and thank you, Fr. Robert, for opening this treasure to us. We are eternally grateful!

Your sister in Christ,
Mary

No comments: